Joe Burrow, an American football player, is the current starting quarterback for the National Football League’s Cincinnati Bengals (NFL). He was the 2020 College Football Playoff National Championship MVP while playing college football at Louisiana State University (LSU). He was taken first overall by the Bengals in the 2020 NFL Draft. Burrow played collegiate football at Ohio State University before enrolling at LSU.
- Advertisement -
He has received many honors and rewards for his outstanding work. While his Football accomplishments are admirable, we can also attribute some of his success to his genetics. Joe is the son of Jim Burrow, a former National Football League, and Canadian Football League player, for the benefit of those with confused hearts.
Joe Burrow Wiki
- Full Name: Joseph Lee Burrow
- Birth Date: December 10, 1996
- Birth Place: Ames, Iowa, United States
- Known as: The Tiger King
- Religion: Christianity
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Education: Consumer and Family Financial Services (Ohio State University), Master of Liberal Arts (LSU)
- Horoscope: Sagittarius
- Father’s Name: Jim Burrow
- Mother’s Name: Robin Burrow
- Siblings: Two Brothers
- Age: 26 Years Old
- Height: 6 feet 3 inches/190 cm
- Weight: 100 kg/221 lb
- Build: Athletic
- Eye color: Blue
- Profession: Professional Football player
- Active years: 2020-present
- Position: Quarterback
- Club: Cincinnati Bengals
- Number: 9 (Cincinnati Bengals)
- Marital Status: Unmarried
- Relationship Status: In a relationship
- Girlfriend: Olivia Holzmacher
- Salary: $36.1 million contracts, $23 million signing bonus, $610,000 million (base salary), $9,047,534 (annual salary)
- Net Worth: $1 million (approx.)
Education & Early Life
In Ames, Iowa, Joe Burrow was born. His parents are Jim Burrow, a father, and Robin Burrow, a mother. His father was a football player who competed in the NFL and the Canadian Football League. After retiring from the game as a player, he went on to have a successful coaching career. He was reared with two elder brothers named Jamie Burrow and Dan Burrow, who played football at the University of Nebraska like their father.
2011, Joe Burrow began his football career at Athens High School, guiding his squad to three consecutive postseason appearances and seven playoff victories. After that, he continued his education at Ohio State but had yet to demonstrate his football prowess because he was usually benched, so he decided to move to LSU. Burrow became an NFL draught contender when his team defeated Clemson in the 2020 National Championship Game.
- Advertisement -
Joe Burrow: Career
Rising Star Joe Burrow: A Look at the NFL Quarterback’s Prodigious Rookie Season with the Cincinnati Bengals.
When the Cincinnati Bengals selected Joe Burrow with the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, it garnered significant media attention. On July 31, 2020, this highly anticipated rookie from Louisiana State University inked a four-year, $36.1 million rookie contract. Several people had picked him to win the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year title.
1. Burrow’s NFL Debut Sets the Tone
In the first week of the 2020 season, Burrow made his NFL debut and soon established himself as a strong quarterback. Burrow threw for 193 yards, ran for 46 yards, and even scored his first touchdown in the NFL despite losing to the Los Angeles Chargers 16–13.
2. Creating records and winning for the Bengals
Burrow faced off against the Cleveland Browns in Week 2 and connected with tight end C.J. Uzomah for his first career touchdown throw. Despite the Bengals losing 35-30, Burrow set an NFL rookie record for the game with 37 throw completions. Burrow made history once more in Week 4 when he led the Bengals to a victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars and became the first quarterback in the history of the NFL to throw for 300 yards or more in three straight games while in his rookie campaign.
3. A Miserable Finish to a Hopeful Season
Burrow’s impressive rookie campaign was sadly cut short in Week 11 due to a season-ending injury. In addition to tearing his ACL and MCL, he injured his left knee’s PCL and meniscus. Burrow kept practicing for upcoming games by reviewing game tape and taking notes despite being put on injured reserve.
4. An Examination of Burrow’s Promising Rookie Numbers
Burrow had a 2-7-1 record in his debut season as a starter, passed for 2,688 yards, 13 touchdowns, and five interceptions. His flexibility was further demonstrated by his 142 yards and three touchdowns on the ground.
Joe Burrow’s family and girlfriend
The happy son of Jim and Robin Burrow is Joe Burrow. His father, Jim, played football for the University of Nebraska Huskers and the Green Bay Packers in the NFL and the Canadian Football League (CFL). After finishing his playing career, Jim turned to coach. He worked as the defensive coordinator at Ohio University before retiring in 2018.
The former first-grade teacher turned guest columnist Robin, mother of Joe now contributes to The Columbus Dispatch. Her four brothers are from Burr, Nebraska, where she was born. Even during the COVID pandemic, she and her husband, Jim, continued to be ardent fans of their kids’ football careers, attending Joe’s games, among other things.
Olivia M. Holzmacher, a Mason, Ohio native, and Joe Burrow are dating. Olivia has a social sciences and data analytics degree from Ohio State University. She is one of Susan and John Holzmacher’s offspring and has two sisters.
Joseph Burrow Accomplishment
Throughout his football career, Joe Burrow won numerous awards in the NFL and college. His notable accomplishments include:
- He broke numerous school and NCAA marks in 2019 while playing for Louisiana State University (LSU), including the most throwing yards and touchdown passes in a single season (60 each) (5,671). In addition, he helped the team go undefeated during the regular season and win the national championship, winning the Most Outstanding Player award in the National Championship game.
- In 2019, he received the Heisman Trophy given to the top college football player. He became just the second player from LSU to get the honor.
- The Cincinnati Bengals selected him first overall in the 2020 NFL Draft.
- He established numerous milestones for rookie quarterbacks while playing for the Bengals in his first season in the NFL, including the most touchdown passes thrown by a rookie quarterback (13) and the most passing yards in a season by a rookie quarterback (491).
- He frequently received the AFC Offensive Player of the Week award in his first season.
- He received a spot on the 2020 NFL All-Rookie Team.
- He set multiple rookie quarterback records, including the most completions, touchdown passes, and passing yards in a debut game and season for a rookie quarterback.
Awards of Joe Burrow
- A winner of the Heisman Trophy
- Maxwell Award
- The award is given to Walter Camp
- 2019 Bagged Lombardi Award
- Offense-focused AP SEC Player of the Year (2019)
- Mr. Football Award winner (2014)
- The Golden Arm Award for Johnny Unitas was handed to
- The AP College Football Player of the Year honor.
- Won the Peach Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl MVP awards on offense in 2019.
He suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury on November 22, 2020, while playing for the Washington Football Team. Joe also injured the posterior cruciate ligament, the meniscus, and the medial collateral ligament on the left side of his knee. He underwent successful surgery on December 2, 2020, and a full recovery was anticipated.
Joe Burrow’s earnings and Net Worth
Existing Agreement Burrow will make $1,010,000 in basic pay, $4,535,018 in roster bonuses, $11,515,043 in cap hits, and $11,515,044 in dead cap values in 2023. Notes on Contract: projected to last four years and cost $36.19 million.
Although Joe Burrow’s net worth is unknown, it is thought to be millions of dollars. He signed a four-year deal worth $36.18 million with the Cincinnati Bengals as the first overall choice in the 2020 NFL Draft, which included a $23.88 million signing bonus and $36.18 million guaranteed.
His compensation was $4.97 million for the 2020 campaign. He earns money as a professional football player, but he also has sponsorship deals and other sources of revenue that raise his net worth. But since his estimated net worth is unknown to the general public, only conjecture can be made.
Also read: Everything About Molly Qerim: Age, Height, Race, Husband, Salary, and Net Worth