SRH took to its official Instagram page to announce the new name for the South African franchise. Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) announced the franchise name on Tuesday. That will be part of the CSA League T20. The team is named “Sunrisers Eastern Cape”. The home team of the Port Elizabeth franchise
Sunrisers Eastern Cape’s two signings so far are South Africa’s Aiden Markram ahead of the inaugural season and an uncapped player Ottneil BaartMan. Markram played for SRH in IPL 2022, where he scored 381 runs in 14 games during the season. SRH finished in a disappointing 8th place out of 10 teams after winning just six of 14 games to finish on 12 points.
All six participating CSA T20 League teams were acquired by IPL franchise owners.
The Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians, Rising Pune SuperGiants and Rajasthan Royals have already signed the most players. The Delhi Capitals, to be named Pretoria Capitals, and Sunrisers Hyderabad, are the only two teams slow to sign.
With four franchise leagues competing in the January-February window, teams will leave no stone unturned to recruit the best players. The UAE T20 International League, the Australian Big Bash League and the Bangladesh Premier League clash during the window.
ILT20 and BBL are the two main contenders in the CSA T20 League. While the ILT20 League already has big players from the West Indies, the CSA T20 League has retained South African players.
- Chennai Super Kings (Johannesburg): Faf du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Maheesh Theekshana, Romario Shepherd, Gerald Coetzee
- Delhi Capitals (Pretoria): Anrich Nortje, Migael Pretorius
- Mumbai Indians (Cape Town): Rashid Khan, Kagiso Rabada, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran
- Rajasthan Royals (Paarl): Jos Buttler, David Miller, Obed McCoy, Corbin Bosch
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (Port Elizabeth): Aiden Markram
- Rising Pune SuperGiants (Durban): Quinton de Kock, Jason Holder, Kyle Mayers, Reece Topley, Prenelan Subrayen