The NBA All Star weekend is back. This year the All- Star Weekend is scheduled from February 17th to February 19th at Salt Lake City, Utah. As Part of the NBA All- Star Weekend superstars compete in the NBA All-Star Slam Dunk Contest and the winner gets the trophy and cash prize. Lets take a look at this year’s NBA All- Star Dunk Contest competitors, Judges.
- Advertisement -
A total of four Superstars will compete in the NBA All- Star Slam Dunk Contest across three rounds. The winners will be awarded based on the points given by the judges.
NBA All- Star Dunk Contest
- KJ Martin, Houston Rockets
- Mac McClung, Philadelphia 76ers
- Trey Murphy III , New Orleans Pelicans
- Jericho Sims, New York Knicks
- Advertisement -
- Jamal Crawford, three-time NBA Sixth Man of the Year
- Lisa Leslie, eight-time WNBA All-Star
- Karl Malone, 14-time NBA All-Star
- Harold Miner, two-time Slam Dunk champion
- Dominique Wilkins, nine-time NBA All-Star and two-time Slam Dunk champion
NBA All-Star Slam Dunk format
Four dunkers will compete in the two-round competition. There will be five judges. For each dunk, a score from 40 to 50 will be given by each judge. The average of the five judges’ scores will be the individual dunk score. An “attempt” is defined as the player controlling the basketball while airborne and moving it toward the rim. A “try” is defined as any action taken to attempt a dunk.
Alongside the All-Star Game itself, Saturday night’s Slam Dunk contest is by far the most anticipated event of the weekend. In truth, that’s been the case for years, with the contest sometimes even overshadowing the game itself.
Mac McClung in particular has some prior experience, having won the Ball is Life All-America Game Slam Dunk Contest back in 2018 at the high school level. Keep your eyes on this one, as something tells us it’s going to be special.