India vs Australia 1st ODI: It is time for the ODI series after a hard-fought test series with India winning the series 2-1. India lock horns against Australia in the 1st ODI at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Welcome to IND vs AUS Dream11 Prediction.
- Advertisement -
Team News India
In the lead-up to the World cup, later in the year team India begin their preparation against Australia. Hardik Pandya will lead the team in the absence of regular captain Rohit Sharma in the 1st ODI.
Ishan Kishan is likely to be slotted up in the order alongside Shubman Gill. The return of Ravindra Jadeja and Axar Patel to the ODI squad means India go out at full strength against the visitors.
With more options comes more headaches. The team management has a huge decision to make on which finger spinner and wrist spinner to pick.
- Advertisement -
The team will be playing nine ODI’s and Asia Cup before the ODI world cup. The think tank will be to find the right combination in lead up to the World Cup.
Team News Australia
The Aussies after losing the test series 2-1 will be aiming to win the ODI series. Steve Smith was appointed as the stand-in captain in absence of their regular skipper Pat Cummins. Josh Hazlewood is ruled out of the ODI series.
Australia is in a full-strength squad against the hosts. Their preparation for the showpiece event in India later in the year begins.
Australia has the opportunity to figure out the ideal playing XI in lead up to the world cup. The Aussies management think tank has a huge question to solve on which all rounders to pick.
Milestone to reach
- Virat Kohli needs to score 191 runs away from the 13,000 ODI run mark.
- Steve Smith is 83 runs short of 5,000 in One-day internationals and is one century shy of equalling Ricky Pointing’s record of 14 ODI hundreds against an opponent across all formats.
Match – India vs Australia, 1st ODI
Venue – Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Date & Time – Friday, March 17th, 2023 @ 1:30 PM IST
Live Streaming – Star Sports 1, Disney + Hotstar, Jio TV
The surface at the Wankhede Stadium is a batsman’s paradise. The surface stays true throughout the game. The team batting 1st won 13 games, while the team batting 2nd won 14 games.
Average 1st innings score – 240 runs
India vs Australia H2H record in ODI’s
Matches Played – 143 Matches
India Won – 53 Matches
Australia Won – 80 Matches
No Result – 10 Matches
India vs Australia Probable Playing XI
India: Ishan Kishan, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav/ Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammad Shami, Mohammad Siraj, Umran Malik
Australia: Travis Head, David Warner, Steve Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Mitchell Marsh/ Marcus Stoinis, Alex Caey, Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa, Mitchell Starc
India vs Australia 1st ODI Match Prediction & Betting Tips
India are the favorite’s to win the game against Australia in the 1st ODI at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. The odds favoring India to win the match is 1.64, while the odds favoring Australia to win the match is 2.45. India has 60% chance of winning the match and Australia has 40% chance of winning the match.
Toss Prediction: Australia to win the toss
Match Prediction: India to win the fixture against Australia in the 1st ODI.
IND vs AUS 1st ODI Betting Tips
- Virat Kohli to score over 41.5 runs
- Steve Smith to score over 36.5 runs
- Steve Smith to be the top batter for Australia at 3.00 odds.
- Virat Kohli to be the top batter for India at 2.74 odds.
- Adam Zampa to be the top bowler for Australia at 3.05 odds
- Mohammad Siraj to be the top bowler for India at 3.75 odds.
IND vs AUS Dream11 Prediction: Top Fantasy Picks
Let us look at IND vs AUS Dream11 top fantasy picks for the first ODI to be played at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Wicketkeeper: KL Rahul
Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Steve Smith, Suryakumar Yadav, Shubman Gill, Marnus Labuschagne, Travis Head
All-rounders: Glenn Maxwell, Ravindra Jadeja, Hardik Pandya
Bowlers: Mohammad Siraj