Dallas Mavericks Point Guard Luka Doncic is on a role in the ongoing NBA season. He is off to a great start as Mavericks are off to a 4-3 win loss record in their first seven games. The Slovenian scored yet another 30 point game against Utah Jazz as Mavs win over Jazz 103-100.
In the Game against the Jazz, Luka Doncic managed to surpass legendary Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain. Luka Doncic becomes the 3rd player (4th instance) in NBA history to score 30+ points in their first 7 games of the season. He is the 1st player to achieve this record in over 60 years.
Wilt Chamberlain playing for the San Francisco Warriors in the year 1962-63 scored 30 plus points (23 games in a row)
Luka Doncic has been performing at an MVP level this season. In the 7 games that he has played in the season he is averaging 37 Points, 7 rebounds and 9 assists per game. He achieved the same feat playing for Philadelphia in the year 1959 (7 straight games).
Luka Doncic numbers this season (First 7 games )
- 32 Points, 10 Assists, 7 Rebounds vs Phoenix Suns
- 35 Points, 6 Assists, 9 Rebounds vs Memphis Grizzlies
- 37 Points, 11 Assists, 7 Rebounds vs New Orleans Pelicans
- 41 Points, 14 Assists, 11 Rebounds vs Brooklyn Nets
- 31 Points, 10 Assists, 16 Rebounds vs Oklahoma City
- 44 Points, 5 Assists, 3 Rebounds vs Orlando Magic
- 33 Points, 11 Assists, 5 Rebounds vs Utah Jazz
The Mavericks next game is on Friday against a strong Toronto Raptors. If Luka Doncic can score another 30 point game he surpasses Wilt Chamberlain’s record of 7 games with 30 points and moves to the 2nd spot.
Luka Doncic has the opportunity of surpassing Wilt’s all time record if he keeps scoring the same way for another 17 straight games to become the 1st player to score 30 plus points in 24 straight games (It’s a tough one). Let us look at Luka’s records in the NBA so far.
Luka Doncic records in NBA
- First teenager to record four career triple-doubles in NBA history.
- Most triple-doubles in a season (17) before turning 22 years old (2019–20 season).
- Second-fewest games played to record 35 career triple-doubles(190)
First player in NBA history to record:
- a 30-point triple-double (35 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists) as a teenager.
- two triple-doubles before the age of 20.
- a 35-point triple-double in a game with 26 minutes or fewer played (35 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists in 25:30).
- 30+ points, 10+ rebounds, and 15+ assists in a game with 30 minutes or fewer played (31 points, 12 rebounds, and 15 assists in 30:05).
- 36+ points, 14+ rebounds, and 19+ assists in a game (regular season or playoffs).
- multiple 30-point triple-doubles in games with 30 minutes or fewer played.
- multiple 40-point triple-doubles before turning 21 years old.
- over 20 career triple-doubles at age 21 or younger.
- ten career 35-point triple-doubles before turning 22 years old.